This technique is used where other fertility procedures fail to offer a conclusive diagnosis, and it is most often used in women who are experiencing infertility for no apparent reason. Infertility couples undergo laparoscopy for diagnosis and treatment. This technique can be used to diagnose blockage in the fallopian tubes and status of ovaries and uterus, as well as to determine the cause of infertility.
It’s a form of surgery that is used to treat issues found during a diagnostic laparoscopy operation.
The procedure of laparoscopy aids in the treatment of infertility causes such as
- Fibroids in the uterus
- Fallopian tubes that are blocked
- Abnormalities of the uterus and ovaries
If you have any of the Below problems, your doctor can prescribe laparoscopy treatment
- During sexual activity, there is pain.
- Unbearable menstrual cramps
- Pelvic discomfort
- Inflammation of the pelvis
- Troubleshoot tubal concerns
- Low risks and a fast recovery as compared to open surgeries.
- Fibroids, cysts, and endometrial deposits will all be removed with this treatment.
- Aids in the treatment of infertility problems
- Increases the likelihood of females becoming pregnant.
Measures to follow
The laparoscope is used to examine reproductive organs such as the ovaries, fallopian tubes, and uterus. It detects defects that could obstruct a woman’s ability to conceive. To have a clearer view of the internal organs, the belly is inflated with carbon dioxide gas. Endometriosis, scar tissue, and fibroids are all treated with surgical instruments. To extract or sever the tissue, the surgeon uses a laser beam or an electric current. The gas is then expelled, and the abdomen is stitched shut, leaving little or no scarring.
The patient must rest for 2-4 days after the operation. Cramping in the belly or moderate nausea are possible side effects. Medications are used to alleviate pain and help in the early stages of healing.
If you have any concerns regarding Laparoscopy then consult our Fertility specialist Dr. Ramya Mishra Shukla at Global IVF Clinic.