Intrauterine insemination Procedure (IUI)
Intrauterine insemination (IUI) is a fertility procedure in which sperm is implanted directly into the uterus of a woman. Sperm must pass from the vaginal canal, via the cervix, through the uterus, and up to the fallopian tubes throughout normal pregnancy. When the male partner is not present, or when the male partner’s semen has been frozen while receiving chemotherapy or radiotherapy, the medication is given.
When Can IUI Procedure Be Used?
There are a variety of reasons why you would want to suggest IUI. Parenthood comes with a multitude of treatment choices, which can raise your fear, but bear in mind that each solution is legitimate.
Infertility can be caused by a variety of causes. IUI, on the other hand, maybe used as a fertility option under the following circumstances.
- Unexplained infertility – IUI paired with ovulation-inducing drugs is indicated for unexplained infertility.
- Infertility caused by endometriosis – if you have endometriosis, you will improve the odds of becoming pregnant by taking drugs to promote stable egg development and opting for IUI.
- Infertility caused by scarring or mucosal problems in the cervix – scarring or mucosal problems may cause infertility. The sperms circumvent the cervix and penetrate the uterus directly, increasing the number of sperms required for fertilization.
- Infertility caused by a malefactor – IUI may be used to treat low sperm levels, sperm motility issues, and ejaculation issues.
- The male component affecting infertility – IUI may be used to treat reduced sperm count, diminished sperm motility, or ejaculation issues. IUI allows for the collection of good motile sperm, raising the probability of fertilization.
- Donor sperm – IUI is a popular treatment for women who need to conceive using donor sperm.
IVF can be considered in some cases where IUI is not recommended. Discussing the choices for conceiving will assist you in determining the best recovery plan for you. If you’re having problems conceiving and want to know if IUI is the best therapy for you, talk to a fertility specialist Dr. Ramya Mishra Shukla at Global IVF Clinic. Your doctor will decide whether IUI is a viable option for you based on your wellbeing and the cause of your infertility.