Blastocysts are the most advanced embryos that have been cultured for five to six days and are more mature than embryos that have been developed for three days. Embryologists may use this procedure to choose more mature embryos with a higher chance of implantation.
Benefits of blastocyst culture
- Reduces the possibility of multiple births
- The success rate of implantation is higher.
- A stable embryo is transferred into the uterus.
- When compared to early-stage embryos, blastocysts have a higher chance of implantation into the uterine wall.
- Allows for the selection of a stronger embryo, which is then inserted into the female uterus.
Blastocysts have a greater chance of implantation than most cells because they are more evolved. It also has a thin outer layer membrane, increasing the likelihood of implantation into the uterine cavity. This embryo is cultured in vitro for five days before it reaches the blastocyst stage of development before being inserted into the uterine wall. At this point, the embryo has a greater potential of implantation.
This also allows the expert to choose the right embryo, increasing the chances of implantation. This allows specialists to swap fewer blastocysts, reducing the risk of potentially risky twin or triplet birth.
Visit Global IVF clinic today for more information on Blastocyst Culture from Dr.Ramya Mishra Shukla.